Armed Forces Career Transition

Resettlement Information for Service Leavers

Are you a Service Leaver


Stay Connected

All Armed Forces Personnel will at some stage transition back into Civvy Street.  The job market is dynamic and constantly changing.  Success in job search results from having a well though-out and a solid plan of action.   This website has been designed to provide help and advice on a range of topics as you plan your transition to civilian life. 

Before you leave, there are a number of important procedures to follow.  To help you during your preparation we have put together this website which aims to cover topics related to your resettlement.  Good luck.

Keep checking back, bookmark and save this website on the home-screen on your mobile creating an App icon.

Service Leavers information – Click: info

Having somewhere to call home is important.  You could contact the Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) which is the MOD’s tri-service focal point providing service personnel and their dependents with civilian housing information for those wishing to move to civilian accommodation at any time during their career, and for those during resettlement to assist with the transition to civilian life.  Keep checking back for updated information regarding Housing topics.

JSHAO –  Tel: Mil:  94222 7574  Civ:  01252 787574 

Also check Housing options for people leaving the Armed Forces, Veterans and their families. 

Click: Citizens Advice 

Finance is one of the most important aspects of your transition into a new life outside of the Armed Forces.  There are opportunities for individuals and family’s to access finance from various Armed Forces/Veteran friendly organisations.

Start looking for your next-steps employment opportunities.  Keep checking back to see what jobs are on offer.   Jobs

Start developing your CV, learn new skills, gain industry recognised certificates and qualifications.  Gain new skills by taking one of our 763+ Online Courses 

Leaving the Armed Forces, transitioning back into Civvy Street?  Relocating to another area can be stressful.  Here at Service Leavers we have put together a website for you and your family.  

Search for a Doctors Surgery near you.

Click here: Find a GP

Search for a Dentist near your new home, click Find a Dentist

Search  for an Optician near your new home, click Find an Optician 

SSAFA The Armed Forces Charity.

Visit and Click SSAFA  

Call: 0800 731 4880

Get support for your mental wellbeing at BIG WHITE WALL.

We are free to all Military serving personnel,
Reservists, Veterans and your family members
(aged 16+).

Click: Big White Wall You’re not alone.

Mental Health Awareness